Saturday, April 23, 2011

The True Meaning of Easter

As tomorrow is Easter, I thought it would be appropriate to share this video along with my testimony of the divinity of Christ's role in the atonement. I know through this act we will be able to live with our Father in Heaven and Savior Jesus Christ again. Alma 7:11-12 says: And he shall go forth, suffering pains and afflictions and temptations of every kind; and this that the word might be fulfilled which saith he will take upon him the pains and the sicknesses of his people. And he will take upon him death, that he may loose the bands of death which bind his people; and he will take upon him their infirmities, that his bowels may be filled with mercy, according to the flesh, that he may know according to the flesh how to succor his people according to their infirmities. This is the reason for the Atonement. This is the reason our Savior had to go through all of the hardships. so that he would know how to help us in our time of need and to help us repent for what we have done.

I know that Jesus Christ did this for us. I know that he is our Savior and redeemer. I know that He died and suffered for us but more than that He lives again. A popular hymn that I love says: "I know that my Redeemer lives! What comfort this sweet sentence gives! He lives, he lives, who once was dead; He lives, my ever living head!" I know this is true. I know that our Heavenly Father and our brother love us. I pray that we can all keep this, the true meaning of Easter in our hearts and minds at all times. I say this all in the sacred name of Jesus Christ, our brother and redeemer. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment