Thursday, April 28, 2011

The Greatest Accomplishment

I was sitting in church this past Easter Sunday, I was thinking about Christ's Resurrection. I started to reflect on His appearance to His apostles and how that must have taken place. Could you imagine the elation and sense of accomplishment He must have felt knowing that He had taken upon himself the pains, afflictions, temptations, sicknesses, and infirmities of the world and that He made it possible for us all to live again? Can you imagine Him speaking to His apostles and saying, "And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day: (Luke 24:46)" He told them before his death that this is what he was going to do and now, after His death He was able to come back and say, "I have done it!" I think it is one of the most wonderful things to imagine. I encourage everyone to think a little deeper and try to visualize what may have occurred.

                                            

No comments:

Post a Comment