Monday, May 2, 2011

Love Your Enemies

¶When I got the news of Osama Bin Laden's death I was really happy and felt like we as a country finally had some justice. Then my cousin brought me to my senses. He helped me rethink it.  I am glad that this evil is off the Earth but at the same time, Osama is our brother. Our Savior told us in Matthew 5:43-44 "Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbor, and hate thine enemy. But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;." This is the way it should be, hate the sin, not the sinner. I am most definitely not perfect and have a ways to go in this field but I am trying to do better and I would challenge you to do the same.

2 comments:

  1. Very good Message Elder Lunt!! This is alot of how I felt when everyone started talking about this last night and this morning. It is hard to explain to people my feelings on this situation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very well written and I'm so glad you posted this. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete