Thursday, December 29, 2011

Are You a Disappointment?

The other night I was reading Proverbs 10 and a verse in there really hit me. It says "... a wise son maketh a glad father; but a foolish son is the heaviness of his mother." Now to put that in every day terms: A good son makes their dad proud while a son who screws up lets their mother down. This hit me HARD! Earlier that day I saw a picture of my mother as she was going through radiation and I was shocked. I hadn't seen pictures and it had been about 10 months. I couldn't stop thinking of her. Earlier that evening some comments were made about how I haven't been a very good missionary and have been slacking off and they are 100% right. I thought that I had worked hard in Lander and Sidney was a place to relax. NOT SO and I apologize to the people of Sidney for this terrible assumption. It will not happen again. Elder Lunt has picked up the sword and is going out to fight hard in the name of our King and our Commander, even our Savior, Jesus Christ. I will no longer be a disappointment to the people of Sidney and especially not to my mother.
                

2 comments:

  1. My dear son,
    I know that you are fighting a good fight and I am well pleased. In fact I am so proud of you! You are NOT a disappointment to me at all. We are all looking at things we can fine tune this comming year. Love and Prayers Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elder Lunt. I love you more than you know and I am so proud of you. Everyone has bad days. Look up to God. Not back, not sideways, and definitely not down. Look up to God and He will provide you with the guidance that you need to get where you need to go. We cannot do anything without His help. You are not a disappointment. You are a shining star of a missionary. Love you buddy.

    ReplyDelete