Saturday, December 17, 2011

I'll Go Where You Want Me To Go, Dear Lord!

Perhaps today there are loving words
Which Jesus would have me speak;
There may be now in the paths of sin
Some wand’rer whom I should seek.
O Savior, if thou wilt be my guide,
Tho dark and rugged the way,
My voice shall echo the message sweet:
I’ll say what you want me to say.

 [Chorus]
I’ll go where you want me to go, dear Lord,
Over mountain or plain or sea;
I’ll say what you want me to say, dear Lord;
I’ll be what you want me to be.

This verse of a hymn hit me like a ton of bricks a couple of weeks ago. Earlier in the week I was wondering why I am here in Sidney. I loved Lander, I didn't ever want to leave. Well, I found my reason. I am here to help an amazing person in this area and teach her from my experiences. I can say that I am grateful for my trials. They have defined my testimony. They have shaped who I am. I am grateful for the opportunity I have to work with and serve the amazing people here in Sidney. We all have a place to be and someone's life to touch. The question is will we answer the call? I know I have and I will continue to do my best. I have found that it is hard sometimes to put our full trust in the Lord but i know he will bless us for it. Try it and see for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment